Sunday, February 21, 2010

One week down, one to go!

What a way to end the first week of the Olympics! Last night I got to see Jon Montgomery get his gold medal (not only the first medal by a Canadian in Whistler, but it was Gold!!!) at Whistler Celebration Plaza. It was amazing! The place was packed and everyone was wearing their red and white with pride! The atmosphere was freaking amazing! On top of that, I got to drive a Gold medal athlete on Wednesday after he won the men's cross country sprint by a photo finish, I got to see Deadmau5 perform Thursday night which was amazing! He had WCP jumping! On Friday, I finally got to take advantage of the beautiful weather and a day off to catch a little bit of Men's Super G and then enjoy Symphony Bowl with practically no one around! It was fantastic! The weather has been stellar here since Tuesday, and people are loving it. The mountains look amazing in all their glory! Yesterday, I drove the bronze medallist for the Men's Large Hill ski jumping, which was cool. I know that I'm only 27, but these athletes look like they are 10, which makes me feel SO old!
I can't believe that there is only a week left to the Olympics! They are just flying by! It doesn't feel like a month has gone by! I don't want it to end!
Anyways, I will try to post some more pictures later today or tomorrow. I have the day off on Wednesday and get to see the Women's 2-man bobsleigh (hopefully) which should be awesome! I will try to figure out how to edit videos from my video camera so that I can post those here as well!
Later all!

No comments:

Post a Comment