Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's over!

I know, I know... I haven't been nearly as diligent in updating this thing as I originally thought I would. I guess I got caught up in the Games! When I wasn't working, I was watching the events on TV or heading into Whistler to catch some of the amazing atmosphere! Now that the games are over, and I am back home, I look back on my time as an amazing experience that I will never forget! I have always been proud to be Canadian, and never really understood the term "Never been so proud to be Canadian"... until now. There were so many amazing things that happened out there that I got to see live, like the 1-2 finish of the Canadian women in the 2-man bobsleigh, or ones that I watched on TV, like Jon Montgomery walking through Whistler, accepting a pitcher of beer, or Joannie Rochette showing true courage in light of her tragic loss. This experience is something that I am always going to remember and cherish!
I was going through Olympic withdrawal this afternoon, and came across this video on YouTube, and thought that it really showed how proud Canadians are of their country, and their athletes!
No promises on when, but I am going to do a full post of all the athletes that I got to drive, and some of the other great things I got to do while I was out West!
Thanks for reading my blog!
V

1 comment:

  1. Dear Vicki;
    I suppose you got the gene for caring for your country from me. This posting made me cry, not in anger or in fear, but rather with pride for my family, my country and my own soft belly for Canada. While visiting there in the week before and week of the first events; I was struck by the complete abandonment of the usual humble Canadian psyche, people singing Oh Canada and wearing maple leaves not leafs than you very much! The mix of Canada's population was also exciting Asians, Indo Canadians, whites, blacks, and native Canadians all excited and surprised by our country's achievement. Well done Vancouver and Whistler and to my kids, God bless you for participating.

    ReplyDelete